Background

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Lamp Makeover

Hi There. Yep, I'm back. This is my second post today. If you missed my earlier post, please feel free to check it out here. It's just a little story about me and the Mr. Not only is this my second post today, but it's also my 100th post!!

This one's about a little makeover I recently did on a lamp that I hated! Unfortunately I have no before picture to show you. I was having issues with my camera and couldn't take one. But yay for me, I got a new camera the other day and am pleased to be sharing the after pictures. Those are the best ones to share anyway. Right? I'll give you a visual of what the lamp looked like before, to help you see how far its come. I think it was supposed to be done in a shabby chic style, but it did not deliver! It was dirty white, over dirty gold. It was sanded a bit so you could see some of the gold. My description makes it sound better looking than it actually was. Wanna see the after. It's definitely a statement piece in the living room now!


Isn't she pretty?? I love the color! 


I started with two coats of Krylon primer. Then did about four coats of Krylon Blue Ocean Breeze. And finished her off with a few coats of Krylon Clear Gloss. I'm not overly please with the gloss paint and may end up spraying on a couple more coasts. I'd like her to be really glossy! And after she was all finished I noticed some rough patches. I guess I should have sanded her down a bit before I started painting. Oh well, live and learn. Not everything has to be perfect, right? Here's a few more pics for your viewing pleasure.  =) 





So what do you think? Nice? The lamp shade I found at GW last year for $4. I wish there would have been more than one. I really like the linen look to it, especially when the lamp is on. Since I painted her, the pattern on the body is much more noticeable. Before you couldn't really tell there was one. Now it kind of looks like feathers or leaves. Love it! Overall I'm happy with how it turned out. Not too bad for my first spray painted lamp. I would definitely do it again. And the color, I'm gaga for the color!! It's the new accent color in my living room. I order some super cute zig zag patterned cushions cover from Avon and they should arrive next week. They have the same blue/aqua color on them. Don't worry, I'll share some pics once I get them.

Well, I'm off. Got to get out and enjoy the rest of the day. What are you up to this weekend? 


Sharing With:

13 comments:

  1. Looks awesome! I love the color you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful job, Catie! I love that color and I'd never even notice those little areas in my own project enough to even mention it. lol It's character. ;)

    And congratulations on 100! Woo hoo!

    I hope you're having a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! I love the power of paint!!!
    Jo-Anna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh! I love that blue! It looks great and the shade adds that beachy touch! Thanks so much for dropping by my blog. I love finding other Canadian blogs too! Congrats on your 100th post!
    Jenn :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looooove the color!!! Definitely makes the room pop :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a huge fan of turquoise so of course I just love this!! You did a great job. Thanks for sharing at DIYbyDesign.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore this color, and just saw it while shopping for paint. It is beautiful and now I must go buy some for a table redo. Your lamp turned out fabulous, I am a new reader :) thank you for the post!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment. I love this color too! It would be lovely on a side table. Let me know how it turns out.

      I'm happy you're following along now. Hope you're having a great weekend. : )

      ~ Catie

      Delete
  8. Catie,
    This is one CUTE lamp...LOVE this color!! Come by next week and share it at my NIFTY THRIFTY TUESDAY party.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty color. Love the shape of this lamp.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sooooooooooo pretty! I love this! Came over from the Thrifty Decor Chick Party!
    Ashleigh @ Live Gorgeously

    ReplyDelete
  11. hisoka anime lamp I admire this article for the well-researched content and excellent wording. I got so involved in this material that I couldn’t stop reading. I am impressed with your work and skill. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks soo much for stopping by!! Please don't be shy, leave a comment or question. I love hearing from you! If you'd like to hear back from me, please make sure to add your email to your google account. : )
~ Catie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...